Which is better?
1. 500 attendees at your next webinar
2. 1 attendee at your next webinar
I’ll guess that your first instinct would be to pick 500. But I’d argue that “how many” distracts us from the much more important question of “who.”
- The more people you are trying to speak to, the more generic your content needs to be.
- The more people asking questions, the less time you have to address the most important ones.
- The more people on the call, the less you can get to know any particular one of them.
When it comes to the purpose of initiating conversations that lead to new projects, a small, intimate, targeted and relevant presentation beats a mass meeting any day.